Purpose: Develop shooting accuracy through repetition. Helps you get shots off more quickly and more accurately. Also a good conditioning drill.
Drill: Player 1 begins with a basketball. Player 2 is the rebounder and passer. Player 1 will begin with #1 (see below) and shoot for :30 seconds. Partners will switch roles and player 2 will shoot for :30 seconds.
Each shooting drill is performed for :30 with 5 seconds allotted for switch time, i.e. total drill takes 8:40.
- Three Dribble
- Spot Shooting (no dribbles)
- Single Fake (before receiving pass)
- Double Fake (before receiving pass)
- Lane Jumpers (elevate, no dribbles, in lane)
- Outs and Ins (corner shot outside, power move inside, no dribbles)
- Bother (partner puts hand in shooter’s face)
- Hesitation Shot (ball fake to get defense off guard)