Here’s how you can initiate the flex offense from the box set. It is a simple play that will get you started with the flex — and can also open up the floor for the players to an easy shot.
The play entry starts from a box set.
- 5 comes up to set a ball screen for 1.
- At the same time, 2 sets a diagonal screen for 4.
- 4 cuts to the block
- (Note: You could delay the diagonal screen and get a clear out for 1.)
- 1 looks to drive or pass to 4 inside.
- After setting the ball screen, 5 screens for 2 (screens the screener).
- 5 pops out and 2 cuts to the ball.
- 1 can pass to 2 for the shot or continue with flex.
- Players are now in their flex spots and you can continue the flex offense.