Purpose: To develop the skills needed for 2 potential post shots; off the cross screen and off the high post flash.
Drill: Players form into groups of 4 at each basket; 2 basketballs at each basket.
The drill begins with O4 setting a cross screen for O3. After O3 slips past, O4 flashes to the high post, receives a pass from O1, turns and shoots, and gets own rebound.
O3 cuts hard off the screen set by O4, receives the low post pass from O2, turns and shoots, and gets own rebound.
The drill will start again with O3 setting the cross screen this time.
- Have the players shoot a set number of shots, i.e. 10 shots.
- Rotate which side the cross screen comes from so players get shots from both sides of the court.
- If your offense places all players in all positions, this is a good drill for guards and posts.
- Either have the shooters get their rebound and pass it back out to the passers or get their rebound, finish with a layup, then pass it back out.
- Add a defensive player. The defensive player can start under the basket and choose to guard either O3 or O4.
- Add two defensive players.