This play out of the 1-4 High Set utilizes multiple options to get an open shot attempt.
The players set up in a 1-4 High Set as shown.
- 1 passes to 2 on the wing.
- 5 & 3 set a staggered flare screen for 1.
- 3 pops to the top for ball reversal.
2 can pass to 3 if open off the flare screen.
2 can also drive baseline which may be available if his defender overhelps in the middle.
- 2 passes to 3 at the top
- 3 passes to 1 on the wing and runs inside cut to the corner
1 can look for 3 cutting through.
- 4 drops to the backside block
- 5 sets a ballscreen for 1
- 4 sets backscreen for 5 rolling to the basket
- 4 pops for the shot
- 2 & 3 look for the open area
1 can use the ballscreen and look to drive or penetrate and pitch to 2.
Latest posts by Collin Wright (see all)
- Hi Flare Play - July 10, 2014
- Mike Dunlap Clinic Notes: 2012 NABC Convention - July 10, 2014
- 6 Things To Know In Recruiting: A Guide for Players, Parents, and Coaches - July 10, 2014
- Creating Consistency in Scouting - July 10, 2014
- Individual Basketball Player Development Workout - July 10, 2014