A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals. (Larry Bird)
When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win.” (Ed Macauley)
The mindset of an elite team, and a team with a goal of a championship is one of complete focus by all the members of that team. Everyone a part of this team knows their role, and knows that their role is valuable to the team. They also know that they have a gift, and with that gift they are not scared to work harder then their opponents for that they will reach their goals. Below is a list that I call The Elite Team Mindset:
- Preparation: Leave it all out on the court at every single practice session. With this we will be a better unit during those tough times.
- Respect: Your teammates, coaches, parents, teachers, fans, referees and also yourself. Without this you are not an elite person in life.
- Communication: Be quick to listen, and slow to be angry. Make sure to listen to your coaches, and also talk to your teammates at all times. Keep your conversations positive, and with love to help guide and develop each other.
- Accountability: Make sure to hold your teammates accountable for all their actions, the good and the bad ones. Be that person that communicates to your teammates the truth.
- Focus: Stay Present at all times during practices and games! That means everyone.
- One Unit: One Family, stick together no matter what the score is. We will be down at some point make sure to dig deeper at that time, and remember we are a family.
- Real Swagger: This means to think like a champion, prepare like a champion, play like a champion, and carry yourself like a champion.
The elite mindset is one that is a champion on and off the court at all times!
What is your list for your team? If you do not have a list create one with your teammates and hang it up in the locker room.